Mental illness afflicts millions of Americans in any given year. Emotional problems can greatly interfere with school, work, social, and family functioning, leaving you to feel overwhelmed and helpless.
Despite the large number of people suffering with mental health difficulties, not enough people seek treatment. There are a number of reasons for this. First, it is not always easy to recognize the signs of emotional distress. Second, if you do suspect that you or a family member needs help, it can be difficult to know where to go adn what kind of treatment to choose. Affordability of treatment is a third and common concern.
At Prince William Family Counseling, P.C., we are able to address your concerns and to make the recovery process as easy as possible. Given that we accept most insurances, your treatment should be affordable.
Traditional Counseling Services
Individual, couples and family counseling sessions are offered to meet most any mental health need. Day, Evening and Saturday appointments are available. Experienced therapists are available to assist with:
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorders
- Aspergers and Autism
- Impulse Control
- Oppositional Defiance and Conduct Disorders
- Substance Abuse (Including Alcohol Abuse and Drug Abuse)
- Eating Disorders (Including Anorexia and Bulimia)
- Social Skills Training
- Anger Management Training
- Family and Marital Counseling
- Separation and Divorce Counseling and Recovery
- Psychological & Educational Assessments
In addition to traditional counseling services, Prince William Family Counseling offers several specialty programs, including four state licensed specialty programs. With over 50 clinicians between them and funded through Medicaid and local government support (i.e. FAPT teams), Prince William Counseling – along with its’ partner organizations – is leading the way toward an emotionally healthier community.
- Social Strides – A social skills development program.
- Virginia Support Services, P.C. – Provides daily living skills training and case management while promoting the welfare of the chronic psychiatrically disordered. State licensed.
- Virginia Home Based Counseling, P.C. – Intensive In-Home Counseling program for children and adolescents. State licensed.
Insurance Coverage & Payment
Patients without Health Insurance: Payment is expected at the time services are rendered.
Patients with Health Insurance: Co-pays are collected when you check in for your visit and must be paid at that time. Please contact us to inquire if you are unsure of your insurance coverage. A self-pay counseling program exists for those whose insurance coverage does not cover mental health services.
Prince William Family Counseling has individual and facility contracts with all major and many smaller insurance companies.
For medical record and appointment requests, please contact our office.